Location: Everett, Washington
Propeller Airports Paine Field is seeking a Terminal Duty Manager to join our team. As the primary point of contact for operational issues, you will play a vital role in ensuring the smooth day-to-day functioning of our terminal and ancillary facilities. Your strong leadership, communication, and problem-solving skills will be essential as you work closely with airlines, airport customers, contractors, and the public to provide outstanding service and maintain compliance with regulations and operating practices. With rotating shifts that offer variety and excitement, you'll have the opportunity to make a significant impact on our terminal operations.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Lead and supervise a team of dedicated personnel, providing guidance and support in their daily activities.
• Develop and implement effective operating procedures that enhance efficiency and customer service.
• Evaluate the terminal's operations to identify areas for improvement and implement strategies to enhance productivity and service quality.
• Resolve work-related complaints and issues, fostering a positive work environment and ensuring employee satisfaction.
• Conduct thorough inspections, addressing any issues promptly and taking necessary actions to ensure a safe and well-maintained terminal facility.
• Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders, including service providers and contractors, to coordinate construction or renovation projects.
• Oversee gate assignments, ground handling activities, ground transportation, parking operations, and other key operational areas.
• Monitor and manage Terminal Safety Management Systems to ensure a secure and compliant environment.
• Maintain compliance with TSA Airport Security and tenant security responsibilities, prioritizing the safety and security of all terminal users.
• Play an active role in emergency management and incident command, responding swiftly and effectively to any terminal emergencies or incidents.
• Foster a culture of exceptional customer service, ensuring passengers and visitors have a positive experience during their time at the terminal.
• Keep Propeller management informed of any operational issues or conditions that may impact the terminal's normal operations.
• Monitor weather reports and flight schedules, working closely with airlines and ground handlers to minimize the impact of irregular operations and maintain smooth operations.
• Host operations briefings with major stakeholders, facilitating effective communication and coordination.
• Stay proactive in addressing complaints and concerns from staff, airlines, tenants, concessionaires, and the public, ensuring timely resolution and maintaining positive relationships.
• Showcase your in-depth knowledge of airport operations, systems, and design, bringing expertise to the role. Utilize your experience to manage space allocation, and gate assignments.
• Demonstrate strong leadership and mediation skills, with a focus on delivering exceptional customer service.
• Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, adapting your approach to suit various audiences.
• Exhibit professionalism in radio communication methods and etiquette.
• Leverage your strong computer and software skills to enhance operational efficiency.
• Show an ability to interpret technical journals and read mechanical drawings, enabling you to navigate complex technical information.
• Thrive in fast-paced and stressful situations, gathering information quickly and making effective decisions.
• Be available for on-call duty during airport/terminal emergencies, displaying a commitment to safety and security.
• Successfully complete background investigation and drug screening as required.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor's degree preferred, ideally in an aviation-related field.
• Bring at least three years of experience in aviation/airport terminal operations at a public use airport or military installation.
• Additional experience in pilot/crew member roles, air carrier operations, airline management, airline dispatch, air traffic control, or related professions is highly desirable.
• Supervisory experience is a must, enabling you to effectively lead and motivate your team.
• We value a combination of relevant experience, showcase your unique background and expertise.
• Enjoy the flexibility of rotating shifts, including evenings, late nights, weekends, and public holidays.
• Embrace the variety of work conditions, including exposure to different weather elements and working in a noisy environment.
• Be prepared for walking, standing, and sitting for extended periods.
• Exhibit physical strength and the ability to lift and transport moderately heavy objects, up to 50 lbs.
• Embrace the responsibility of other duties as assigned, contributing to the overall success of the terminal.
Propeller Airports Paine Field is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This position requires a detailed background investigation.
Join our team as a Terminal Duty Manager and be a part of an exciting and evolving aviation environment. Bring your expertise, leadership skills, and passion for exceptional customer service to make a lasting impact on our terminal operations. Apply now to embark on a rewarding career with Propeller Airports Paine Field!